If you have an online account with the Georgia Department of Driver Services or use their free DDS2GoMobile App, you will not be able to get into your account with your current user name and password until you set up a new login.
The Georgia DDS sent out emails* to all current account holders to advise of the change. If you visit their site online you will see a bulletin on the homepage showing you that you must update your user name and password in order to access all the information contained in your account including:
- Driving history report (MVR)
- Information on License Status and Renewal
- Scheduling of Learner’s Permit Test for young drivers
- Scheduling of Automobile Road Skills Test
- Scheduling of Commercial Road Skills Test for CDL Program
- Scheduling of Motorcycle Skills Testing for motorcycle license
The email sent regarding the change to the Georgia DDS and free Georgia DDS App is below.
* The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) is replacing the
system used to process licenses with a more modern and secure
one. This system will go live January 18, 2021. DDS wants to make
sure you are aware of how the change will impact you.After January 18, 2021, you must recreate your Online Services
and DDS2Go mobile app accounts to securely view your license, ID,
or permit status and receive real-time updates. You will not have
online or mobile access to your information until a new account
It is the goal of DDS to continue to provide excellent customer
service during this time and beyond. Thank you for your patience
as we work to improve our system.